© 2019 ipub.us
"Madden" rates more than 3,000 NFL players each season, but the game's ratings adjusters say that quarterbacks are the hardest to judge.
Reigning NFL MVP and "Madden 20" cover star Patrick Mahomes has ascended to the ranks of Madden's top-rated quarterbacks, while Aaron Rodgers has fallen out of the top five.
"Madden NFL 20" will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on August 2.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Quarterback is the most vital position on the football field and NFL teams will pay top dollar to ensure they have a top player commanding their offense. After all, having an efficient quarterback can make the difference between turning a mediocre team into a potential playoff contender.
"Madden 20" has rated more than 3,000 players for the upcoming NFL season and Electronic Arts has promised that this year's game will have more lower ratings to make the game more realistic and help elite players stand out on the field.
While every player rating is based on more than 50 different attributes, the game's ratings adjusters said that quarterbacks take the most time to judge properly because they have eight extra stats that are exclusive to their position. Mobile quarterbacks like Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson also require extra attention to ensure that they're properly balanced compared to running backs.
Read more: The creators of 'Madden' revealed their process for rating nearly 3,000 players every year, and it's a fascinating look inside one of the most popular video game franchises on the planet
While both Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers managed to earn a max rating of 99 overall last year, none of the league's signal callers managed to make the 99 Club this year. While Rodgers threw just two interceptions last season, "Madden 20" no longer considers him among the league's top five quarterbacks. Instead, the game has boosted cover star Patrick Mahomes and resurgent Chargers quarterback Phillip Rivers to the top of the ranks.
EA will continue to adjust player ratings as the season progresses, so there's plenty of time for these ratings to shift, but here's how "Madden 20" rates the NFL's top 32 quarterbacks going into the season.
"Madden NFL 20" will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on August 2. You can get access to the game three days early by joining EA's Origin Access Premier or by preordering the $80 Superstar Edition.SEE ALSO: The creators of 'Madden' revealed their process for rating nearly 3,000 players every year, and it's a fascinating look inside one of the most popular video game franchises on the planet
DON'T MISS: These are the best 4 players in the NFL, according to 'Madden 20'
32) Teddy Bridgewater, New Orleans Saints – 73 Overall
31) Ryan Tannehill, Tennessee Titans – 74 Overall
30) Joe Flacco, Denver Broncos – 74 Overall
29) Sam Darnold, New York Jets – 74 Overall
28) Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills – 74 Overall
27) Mitchell Trubisky, Chicago Bears – 75 Overall
26) Ryan Fitzpatrick, Miami Dolphins – 75 Overall
25) Jameis Winston, Tampa Bay Buccaneers — 76 Overall
24) Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens – 76 Overall
23) Alex Smith, Washington Redskins – 77 Overall
22) Nick Foles, Jacksonville Jaguars – 77 Overall
21) Jimmy Garoppolo, San Francisco 49ers – 78 Overall
20) Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions – 79 Overall
19) Marcus Mariota – Tennessee Titans, 79 Overall
18) Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals – 80 Overall
17) Derek Carr, Oakland Raiders – 80 Overall
16) Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys – 81 Overall
15) Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings – 81 Overall
14) Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagles – 82 Overall
13) Deshaun Watson, Houston Texans – 82 Overall
12) Baker Mayfield, Cleveland Browns – 83 Overall
11) Jared Goff, Los Angeles Rams – 83 Overall
10) Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers – 84 Overall
9) Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers – 85 Overall
8) Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons – 89 Overall
7) Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers – 90 Overall
6) Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks – 91 Overall
5) Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts – 92 Overall
4) Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints – 92 Overall
3) Phillip Rivers, San Diego Chargers – 94 Overall
2) Tom Brady, New England Patriots – 96 Overall
1) Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs – 97 Overall